Series - Greece - The Peloponnese.Show More Posts
- Exploring the Peloponnese
- The freeloaders have delivered!
- Running with the Olympians
- Our first taste of night sailing
- Moonlit nights on the water
- Dolphins on the bow
- An eventful dinghy trip
- The best kept churches, and the most remote
- Monemvasia: a wonderful surprise
- Look what landed on our deck
- A helping paw
- Peloponnese: round up
- October-November 2018
One thing that is clear from visiting numerous remote villages and towns, the churches are the best kept buildings. Even in Killini, which was a pretty dirty and run down place, they had an immaculate chapel on the ferry dock welcoming visitors into the port.
This pretty church in Elafanisos was remarkable:
And this chapel in Kiparissia had a cove all to itself, with a convenient jetty for visiting yachts.
The picture below and in the header is of a church right on the tip of Ak Maleas – it looked like the only way to access it was by boat.