Series - Greece - The Peloponnese.Show More Posts
- Exploring the Peloponnese
- The freeloaders have delivered!
- Running with the Olympians
- Our first taste of night sailing
- Moonlit nights on the water
- Dolphins on the bow
- An eventful dinghy trip
- The best kept churches, and the most remote
- Monemvasia: a wonderful surprise
- Look what landed on our deck
- A helping paw
- Peloponnese: round up
- October-November 2018
We were making passage between Koroni (on the east side of the first finger from the west in the Pelopponese) to Porto Kayo (second finger, east side). The sea state was reasonably calm, so I was about to settle into my book when I saw a dolphin swimming just ahead of us. I rushed outside and asked Scott to bring the camera. There were two dolphins playing in front of the boat, popping up to say ‘Hello’ and diving back down again.
What a joy to see these creatures in their natural habitat. Definitely a highlight!