Series - Greece - Ionian Sea.Show More Posts
- How it all began
- Phasing out from The Moorings Owner’s Programme
- The Project List
- Haul out day
- Lazy days at Levkas Marina
- Finalising the boat paperwork
- Untying the lines
- Searching for ‘Donkey’
- Boat maintenance in exotic locations
- Coffee and solar cake!
- Last minute change to the passage plan
- Searching for Myrto
- A taste of the city in Corfu Town
- Victory and failure in one night
- Teeth grinding, and hoops of joy, at 9.4 knots
- Introducing the ‘freeloaders’
- June-July 2018
- Sharing Nemrod with friends, and discovering Ormos Afales
- Not in the pilot guide
- Yoga on board
I want to share with you that we have had two extra passengers on board for the duration of the trip, that we are calling the ‘freeloaders’. That’s not very nice, you might think, to refer to friends in such a way. And how come you haven’t mentioned them before? Well, the ‘freeloaders’ are actually two fishing rods that have been trawling on every trip since we set out, and guess what – not a single, solitary fish! Very disappointing. Despite tips from the locals, a wide selection of lures, live bait…..nothing. So they deserve their nickname.
Scott is not ready to give up on them just yet though.