- How it all began
- Phasing out from The Moorings Owner’s Programme
- The Project List
- Haul out day
- Lazy days at Levkas Marina
- Finalising the boat paperwork
- Untying the lines
- Searching for ‘Donkey’
- Boat maintenance in exotic locations
- Coffee and solar cake!
- Last minute change to the passage plan
- Searching for Myrto
- A taste of the city in Corfu Town
- Victory and failure in one night
- Teeth grinding, and hoops of joy, at 9.4 knots
- Introducing the ‘freeloaders’
- June-July 2018
- Sharing Nemrod with friends, and discovering Ormos Afales
- Not in the pilot guide
- Yoga on board
The next leg north brought us to Corfu Town. Anchored in the bay just South of the fort. It was strange to be surrounded once more by town life and its inhabitants after many nights in remote locations.
We wandered through the old town and along the wall of the fort, and had a welcome Freddo Capuccino to cool off in the 30+ heat.
We had a night hounded by the mosquitos and suffering with the heat, Scott slept in the salon as it was cooler upstairs. We do have air conditioning on the boat, but it guzzles power and we are reluctant to use it unless we are on shore power.
The next day we discovered another part of town that was more of a locals area. Great to see that the local don’t tire of the cool water swimming. Lots of ladies were getting together for a swim and a gossip.
Headed back to the boat for a cooling swim ourselves, and an afternoon nap free from mosquitos.
Once the weather had cooled down, we went out for a spin in the dinghy. Scott wanted to figure out why the outboard isn’t running so well. Not sure he is much wiser but we had a great run out to the fort and had a peek at all the smart motor yachts in the harbour.